February is Spread the Love month at NourishNC! We’ll be sharing lots of short videos demonstrating the myriad of ways our supporters Spread the Love in our community PLUS some NEW, exciting ways for 2021! We want to know, “How will YOU Spread the Love”? There are so many ways to do this, so get your friends and co-workers together and help NourishNC Spread the Love!
- Give Monthly, Nourish gets an EXTRA $250, Spread the Love All Year Long: For every new monthly donor who commits to a sustaining donation during February, an anonymous donor will contribute an additional $250 to our kiddos! Talk about really spreading the love!?! Our sustaining donor Hunger Heroes ensure that our kids have access to nutritious food all year long PLUS that extra $250 will feed 5 kids for an entire month! Sign up to become a monthly donor here, in any amount; it’s quick and easy, safely and securely takes your monthly giving off the To-Do list, effectively combats hunger amongst our community’s kids, and a WIN-WIN if you act now during this generous offer to Spread The Love! A $25 per month donation will provide a child with 2 full weeks of groceries including 3 real meals a day, fresh fruit and veggies, bread, eggs, meat, and lots of extra goodies! Our goal is to sign up 40 New Hunger Heroes. You can sign up to be the first here!
- Have a Pint With Purpose: We teamed up with our friends and new near-neighbors at Hi-Wire Brewing to drop a delightfully delicious Tropical IPA, aptly named “Donate to Wilm kids by drinking this beer.” You can join us for the freshest and first pours when the beer drops at the Princess St. taproom on February 10! To ensure safety, make a reservation here or outside seating is first-come, first-serve. Strict COVID safety protocols will be in place. See here for more details. Even if you can’t join us, you can support our kiddos (and drink good beer) by picking up a 6-pack to go any time during February or enjoying the beer at several local establishments (TBA)!
- Beer Drops in the Hi-Wire Taproom, February 10th, 1020 Princess St.
- Safely join us in person from 5:30-7:30 by making a reservation. Spread the Love by bringing some PB&J for our kids!
- Proceeds of every beer support NourishNC’s programs
- Host A Food Drive: Get everyone you know on board and collect lots of food. See our Most Wanted List along with Tips and Tricks here.
- Pack Snack Packs: Perfect for kids and adults alike. Simple. Fun. Impactful. Check out how easy these are to pack in the comfort of your own home!
- Volunteer: NourishNC needs groups of healthy adults to volunteer in various capacities! Form a group of 9 folks to pack up grocery boxes, or form a group of 5 to help load up carts and cars at our no-contact grocery drive-thru! Individuals who want to volunteer can sign up here, or you can email Programs@NourishNC.org to get signed up for a group shift!
- Join the Little Red Wagon Program: NourishNC’s “Little Red Wagon” Program is a neighborhood food collection network designed to collect and distribute food to hungry kids in our community. The program is a simple, fun, and easy way to build healthy kids and strong communities.
- SOUPer Bowl Spread: Watching the game with friends? Celebrate with a SOUPer Bowl! You can help feed kids AND watch the game 1) Charge soup admission to your Superbowl get-together, 2) Make soup bets on your favorite team and/or 3) Collect donations or donate a portion of your Squares to NourishNC! Share your ideas and soup collection on social media and tag NourishNC!
- Spread & Share: Share a video on Facebook telling us how you are going to Spread the Love (Tag NourishNC). Challenge your friends. Be funny, be serious, act goofy…your choice. Just Spread the Love.
- Spread Love to our Partners and Agencies making change happen in NHC: Everyone could use some love! Good Shepherd Center, New Hanover County NAACP, Smart Start, Coastal Horizons, Brigade Boys & Girls Club, Communities in Schools, DREAMS, Kids Making It
- Host a Giveback “Spread the Love” Day: We love to partner with local businesses! Do you own a local business and are looking to give back to the community? For more information visit Giveback Day
So the only thing left to ask is, How Will You Spread The Love?!