February is Spread the Love month at NourishNC! We’ll be sharing lots of short videos demonstrating the myriad of ways our supporters Spread the Love in our community PLUS some NEW, exciting ways for 2022! We want to know, “How will YOU Spread the Love”? There are so many ways to do this, so get your friends and co-workers together and help NourishNC Spread the Love!
- Host A Food Drive: Get everyone you know on board and collect lots of food. See our Most Wanted List along with Tips and Tricks here. Or, specifically collect peanut butter and jelly to SPREAD the love!
- Build Breakfast Bundles: We recently launched a new way to do a service project with your friends, family, coworkers, or community groups – Breakfast Bundles! Each Breakfast Bundle you build provides a kid in our community with breakfast for a whole weekend and everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Next time you’re at the store, grab oatmeal packets, grits packets, individual cereal, and shelf-stable milk or juice and bundle up some breakfasts for our kids!! Learn more at here!
- Sponsor Our Grand Opening Cocktail Party: Spread The Love in to April by supporting our Grand Opening Cocktail Party with a company or individual sponsorship! Sponsors get fun perks like like tickets, reserved parking, surprise upgrades from the True Blue Events Team, recognition on all print material, and much more! Learn more here!
- Pack Snack Packs: Perfect for kids and adults alike. Simple. Fun. Impactful. Check out how easy these are to pack in the comfort of your own home!
- Volunteer: NourishNC needs groups of healthy adults to volunteer in various capacities! Form a group of 9 folks to pack up grocery boxes, or form a group of 5 to help load up carts and cars at our no-contact grocery drive-thru! Individuals who want to volunteer can sign up here, or you can email Programs@NourishNC.org to get signed up for a group shift!
- Join the Little Red Wagon Program: NourishNC’s “Little Red Wagon” Program is a neighborhood food collection network designed to collect and distribute food to hungry kids in our community. The program is a simple, fun, and easy way to build healthy kids and strong communities.
- SOUPer Bowl Spread: Watching the game with friends? Celebrate with a SOUPer Bowl! You can help feed kids AND watch the game 1) Charge soup admission to your Superbowl get-together, 2) Make soup bets on your favorite team and/or 3) Collect donations or donate a portion of your Squares to NourishNC! Share your ideas and soup collection on social media and tag NourishNC!
- Spread & Share: Share a video on Facebook telling us how you are going to Spread the Love (Tag NourishNC). Challenge your friends. Be funny, be serious, act goofy…your choice. Just Spread the Love.
- Spread Love to our Partners and Agencies making change happen in NHC: Everyone could use some love! Good Shepherd Center, New Hanover County NAACP, Smart Start, Coastal Horizons, Brigade Boys & Girls Club, Communities in Schools, DREAMS, Kids Making It
- Host a Giveback “Spread the Love” Day: We love to partner with local businesses! Do you own a local business and are looking to give back to the community? For more information visit Giveback Day
So the only thing left to ask is, How Will You Spread The Love?!